Hotels, Bars & Restaurants - Chaophraya

Client | Chaophraya

Location | Glasgow

Services| M&E throughout the building, repairs to existing lift and opening up of the 4th floor for two new service hoists.

This six story building was built in 1905 as the Glasgow Liberal Club in the heart of the city. Extensive works involved stripping out four floors of partition walls including some brick walls, carpets, floor tiles and timber floors.

On the third floor is the Champagne Bar and the VIP area which has four private dining areas with timber screen features dividing them, one of which is a thai style sunken seating room. A holding kitchen was installed on this floor together with stores. Redecoration throughout.

On the second floor the Minstral Gallery was reinstated which looks down on to the main dining area below. Timber wall panelling was installed throughout together with a cellar room, full toilet facilities and complete decoration.

On the first floor in the main restaurant the timber floor was taken up to install the M&E services and a total of 115 radiators. The floor was raised in the centre with two wine walls either side and banquette seating. The main kitchen and prep area was formed with glazed doors and screens to enable public viewing. Full decoration throughout.

The ground floor features a fixed seating area with glass screens and glass lozenge to the entrance. The floor was raised for the new horse shoe style bar and decoration throughout.